Urban Decay Naked Palette

I remember when I first got the 'Naked' palette. After receiving my exam results sometime in 2010, my mum presented me with this gift, and I was over the moon that she'd spend so much on me, and actually get me something after some results. It was my first quite expensive makeup product, and I couldn't have been happier to acquire such a gorgeous, and popular palette. I could not wait to have a play around with it.
The Urban Decay Naked palette is a mixture of glitter, shimmer, and matte shades in very bronze-hued nude tones, which are very easy to wear and pull off. Along with the palette I got a Good Karma Shadow Brush and miniature Eyeshadow Primer Potion which was great as my makeup brush collection at the time was quite
sparse, and I had never owned an eyeshadow primer before. I guess you could say that this palette really introduced me into the world of makeup. The colours in the palette are very versatile, and it is very difficult to create a bad look! They blend like butter into toast. Like, seriously! They are so soft, velvety, and highly pigmented. Any look is easily achieved - definitely recommended for those just getting into makeup. Also, the packaging of the Naked Palette is stunning. Very sturdy, wrapped in a purple velvet, and kept closed with a couple magnets. Very luxurious. An easy one to travel with as it is very unlikely the shadows will smash. Always a plus in my books!For an everyday look, I start by highlighting my inner eye corners with Sin, and then love to take Sidecar all over my lids, and blend a bit of Smog into my crease to add a bit of depth. But for a more evening appropriate look, I like to make a purple smokey eye by taking Toasted all over the lids, blending upwards, and then Hustle is packed on the outer third of my eyes to create a dramatic, almost cat-eye effect. With both, I like to take curl my lashes (with my Shu Uemura curlers) and brush on a lot of mascara (my favourite here) to make my lashes look fluttery! Sometimes I might opt for a bit of liquid eyeliner.Virgin - Sin - Naked - Sidecar - Buck - Half BakedSmog - Darkhorse - Toasted - Hustle - Creep - Gunmetal

If you fancy seeing a look or two done with this palette, don't hesitate to request below.


0 comments:

Post a Comment