Lush Cleansers

So, I have mentioned many times before that I love Lush. It is probably one of my favourite shops to go into. The staff are always friendly, and the sickly scent is really addictive! I always come out with a very sad bank card... I've already spoken about my favourite everyday cleanser Ultrabland (review here), but I have a few more special cleansers in my collection because, hey, one just isn't enough! I feel better about making posts about Lush products because I know they are completely against animal testing, support charities,  their products are handmade, and all of their ingredients are organic - they call it vegan, which makes it sound hippyish, awesome!
The first cleanser I have to show you is Herbalism. It looks gross, but it really helps control my problem prone skin as it is full of herbs - hence the name! I take a small pea sized amount, add a little bit of water to create a paste and massage it into my skin, sometimes I lie to leave it on for a good ten minutes so it has a mask like effect and takes time to cool down the redness on my face. It can also triple up to create a pleasant cleansing milk. Herbalism gently exfoliates the skin to leave a soft and plump finish on the skin, however the only problem with it is that it's a bit messy and crumbly. To take it off I use a warm damp flannel and lightly wipe it away so that it doesn't all fall on the floor!I only use Herbalism when my skin really needs a double cleanse after my trusty Ultrabland, or if I feel like treating my skin. It really does brighten the skin, and helps remove any excess dirt or grease. It's a great little wonder to have in my bathroom, and has lasted me ages! This stuff smells so fresh and healthy due to it being jam packed with herbs and vitamins. It really does make my skin feel less aggravated, and does a really good job at cleansing the skin.
Ingredients: Ground Almonds, Kaolin, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin Water, Nettle; Rosemary and Rice Vinegar Extract, Rice Bran, Gardenia Extract, Rose Absolute, Chamomile, Blue Oil, Sage Oil, Perfume.The second cleanser I have to show you is Aqua Marina. A very calm, and moisturising cleanser. I use this exactly the same way as I do Herbalism, but this one does not exfoliate. It is very gentle on the skin, and smells very beachy! It has three kinds of seaweed in it to help soften the skin, definitely the weirdest of cleansers, but it's nice to have a change for once! Aqua Marina is creamy, thick, and rich. As if you're washing your face with a dense lotion. It's very suitable for dry, and irritated skin. I like to use this on days where my skin needs a pick me up, and feeling a bit dehydrated. As you can see from the photo above, it's a well loved cleanser, and I will most definitely pick it up again. It soothes and nourishes the skin whilst cleaning and absorbing oils. Full of vitamins and minerals, a product worth my hype!
Ingredients: Glycerine, Calamine Powder, Kaolin, Irish Moss Gel, Fair Trade Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Fine Sea Salt, Nori Seaweed, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Patchouli Oil, Carrageenan Extract, Perfume.


0 comments:

Post a Comment