Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

Finding a small, and versatile palette is not difficult. Everyone sells them, and they come in all sorts of colours, shades, consistencies etc. You do not, however, see many matte ones, and if you do, they can be a bit chalky, or have awful pay off. I have previously expressed my love for Urban Decay products, whether it being the Naked Palette (here) or their Primer Potion (here), and have found that their perfect travel friendly, and everyday eyeshadow palette has to be their Naked Basics Palette. I did not expect the palette to be so small when I first got it, but I'm glad it is, because it easily fits into my bag, and is as light as a feather.
Six shades in the palette; five matte, and one shimmer. I find that the four shadows on the left (Venus, Foxy, WOS, Naked 2) are perfect 'all over the lid' washes, and the two far (Faint, Crave) are amazing to give definition to the crease. I personally begin with the medium brown shade, and then if I want, darken it up with the black. One of my favourite looks to create is to take Naked 2 all over my lid, and then gently blent a bit of Faint onto the outer third of my eye, and then taking Venus on my inner corners, and as a brow highlight. After that, I would take my favourite mascara - as per - and load up my lashes. It is a faultless eye look, and is quick and easy one to create. Very difficult to mess up! You could always add a bit of eyeliner to add even more distinctness to the eye. The amount of daytime, or evening looks you could create with this palette is endless, and is great if you are only just starting out with makeup, or have many years behind you! A great all rounder, and tremendously good value for your money - £3.33 per eyeshadow, which is cheaper than most drugstore brands out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment