Foundation Review | Dr Brandt Flexitone BB Cream

Now that the weather is becoming hotter, and humidity is increasing, makeup is not currently on my agenda! Thick foundations such as the MAC Studio Fix, or Rimmel Lasting Finish start to slip and slide around your face in the sweltering sun, and that is not a nice look, or feeling. I personally like to go for a BB Cream during summer, but it is difficult to find one that will match my skin tone. Last year, I wore the Garnier BB Cream, which was oil free, but is too orange for me to wear once my 'tan' has faded. And that is where the Dr Brandt Flexitone BB Cream comes into play.
The first time I ever applied this BB Cream, I was orange. Oompa-Loompa orange. And that was embarrassing. It took me a while to get used to applying the product, as it dries very quickly on the skin, so working fast is the key. Blend, blend, and blend. All you really need to know about it. If you don't blend, you will end up with the famous foundation mark on your jawline! Dr Brandt is perfect for summer as it has SPF 30/PA+++ which protects from UVA and UVB rays, it also adapts to your skin tone, so as you gain a tan throughout summer, you won't have to go out and buy a new foundation two shades darker that you won't be able to use through winter. It helps brighten by giving a healthy glow to the skin, evens out the skin tone, and covers up any imperfections to give a perfect complexion (I still need to use some concealer). It also provides hydration, smoothing, brightening, and antioxidant protection through its special formula. I wouldn't buy this unless you were confident with your application of base products. It took me a long time to get used to the formula, and getting rid of the orange is difficult! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment